But that does NOT mean that you shouldn’t embrace that holiday spirit. One thing that makes the holidays so fun and exciting is getting together with friends and family we might not see every day. A good chunk of the holiday season usually involves the sharing a delicious meal with your friends and family. You might be sharing this experience in a restaurant, at a dinner party, or at home around a fire. Either way you want them to share these experience from your restaurant in some type of fashion. Pizza restaurants have many different options as there are many different types of pizza restaurants. Either way it is never too early to launch your holiday marketing, and you need to start as soon as possible.
Next Level Holiday Marketing for your Pizza Restaurant
Pizza restaurants are very unique as they come in all shapes and sizes. You may own a pizza restaurant that doesn’t have dine in options and is take out or delivery only. You could have a pizza restaurant that is fast casual and doesn’t offer servers and table service. Or you might run a dine in pizza restaurant with servers. Either way you want to reach your customers and get them – and your business itself – into the holiday spirit. Now holiday marketing is a lot like traditional marketing but with a holiday twist.
- You don’t want to offer the basic promotions.- you want to offer unique promotions that help tie your pizza restaurant into the holidays themselves.
- This might include offering a discount to local area businesses for when they host their holiday party at your restaurant or when they place a takeout/catering order
- If you have a party room or a large dining area you might waive the room fee for a private holiday party/ gathering with a minimum spend or head count.
- Offering catering or take out promotions for holiday pizza parties
- Offer a particular pizza menu with season exclusives that people won’t be able to have the rest of the year.
- This could include things like unique pizza flavors/ toppings, and offering desserts
- Whatever exclusive menu items you choose for the season you want to make sure that is an option that people won’t be able to get during any other time of year.
- This could entice them to come into your restaurant specifically during the holiday season. You will want to create “must-see items” and promote the limited arrival of such items.
- No matter the size or the dine in options of your pizza restaurant, you will want your restaurant to be a holiday destination for guests. This can easily be done with appearance and decor. Now you don’t need to go out and purchase a whole winter wonderland decor set but a little can go a long way.
- Also having your employees wear holiday uniforms can help bring in the cheer. Something as simple as wearing a holiday themed shirt, or a Santa hat or headband.
- If you have an area that you can hold events, then you might hold special events throughout the holiday months. This is a fun way to help drive in droves of customers.
Next you will want to tie in all of your direct mail collateral with the holidays by way of plastic postcards and other collateral. At DynamiCard, we offer a very popular holiday ornament mailer that includes a promotional pop-out card, which doubles as an effective piece of marketing AND as something that your customers can display on their tree during the holiday season. It’s a great way to both embrace the holidays AND seasonal marketing at the same time!
One thing that is so special bout the holidays is gift giving. An easy and quick gift for people to purchase is a gift card. We can offer you products like gift cards, with optional magnetic striping and variable barcoding. You can even include promotions to help customers purchase gift cards.
These types of promotions are easy and fairly cheap is to offer. This can be as easy as a complimentary $10 promo card for every $100 worth of gift card sales. You will want to advertise a limited gift card promotion to your existing, satisfied customers as this will incentivize them to purchase a gift card during the promo quickly. Gift cards also give guests another reason to share their love of your pizza restaurant with friends and family. This is a perfect opportunity to not only spread the holiday spirit, but to also reach future customers or make existing customers happy. You might also want to advertise that this gift card could be an easy yankee swap/secret Santa gift, the perfect gift for your boss or coworkers, or an easy stocking stuffer. This is a perfect opportunity to really spread the holiday spirit, while making the type of impact people won’t soon forget.
If you’d like to find out more information about holiday marketing ideas for your pizza restaurant, or if you have any additional questions you’d like to discuss with someone in a bit more detail, please don’t delay – contact us today.